'We have embedded the myHappymind programme across school to teach our children the science behind their thought and behaviour processes and give them the skills and knowledge to develop their self-regulation and successfully support their mental wellbeing. We see the children applying what they have learnt every day and we celebrate this with our weekly myHappymind certificates in celebration assembly.' Mrs Trainor Headteacher.
Grounded in positive psychology and neuroscience, myHappymind is a whole school approach that aims to develop resilient, confident, independent children and enables them to understand how to keep mentally healthy.
It helps children to:
- Feel happier
- Know what to do when they feel worried or stressed
- Improve their focus and learn more
- Achieve more of the goals that they set for themselves
- Develop better relationships with friends and families
- Feel great about who they are and have positive self esteem
The myHappymind resources for parents can be accessed online or via their free app. These resources will support parents to further embed the learning and ensure that they are able to engage in these topics with their child. https://myhappymind.org/parent-resources